1. Today, one year ago, I released 2 videos for Kate Faust
(w/ Lee Clarke, Najwa Parkins, Kevin Ripley, Jonathan Colman)
2. Five days later, this Random Tea Session for Curtis Edward Flanigan Cooper.
3. This Random Tea Session for Julia Hudak
4. I meet Vessna Scheff and filmed these two Random Tea Session.
5. After West Philadelphia Orchestra's huge success with the 2015 Tiny Desk Contest
I film a two for The Means & Johnny Showcase
(w/ Sherri Nicole, David Sweeny, Charlie Heim, Vince Louis Federici, Andrew Nelson, Liz Filios, Adam Hershberger, David Fishkin)
6. Burned out Still Glowing - Random Tea Session
(w/ Lennon Cantwell, Luke Anderson)
7. Grandchildren band -Random Tea Session
(w/ Aleksander Martray, Roman Salcic, Adam Katz, John Vogel, Russell Brodie)
8. I met THE Lauren Scott! She's the best!! Of course i filmed her for The Random Tea Sessions
9. West Philly Orchestra - Successful Kickstarter, New album, Composed two songs, multiple radio shows, this band rocks!
10. Documented the Center City Jazz Festival
(w/ Ernest Stuart, Colin Kerrigan)
11. Martin Lawrence Sandeen asked me to play music for "May the Forth" ergo.. Wookiedelphia - Star Wars Themed Brass Band.
We got 15 comp tickets to see Rogue One at the Prince theater and performed six times throughout the year.
(w/ Dan Nosheny, Chad Brown, Frank Rein)
12. Inspired by Lateefius Maximus III and Vessna Scheff to start rapping again.
(w/ George Dougherty)
13. Helped on a music video with Woodshop Films. Haven't seen it yet.. Met Ren Liam who posts the best stuff to facebook. (I gotta actually talk to you. I have some projects coming up that I'd like your help with!)
14. Went to Switzerland and
Went on hikes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNa7Bw9M3FA
Hung on roofs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXlRen6i74
Rode on boats - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gybSV_m3z0
Met Bran Dee Bütler - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HanuWCmAdPE
Met Pamplona Grup, Quintessenz)
15. Random Tea Session for DIA
(w/ Danielle Birrittella, Gregory Uhlmann, Andrew Lessman)
16. OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO for Kate Faust
(w/ Kingsley Ibeneche, Emily Paige TownsEnd, Destinee Brown)
17. Michelle Goodwin ask me to fill in and photograph Eric Slick at B&B for The Key.
(w/ John Vettese, Andrew Black, Ricardo Lagomasino, Zannie Owens)
18. Finally met Aphra & Ganou and took some photos.
(w/ Be Cka)
19. Trio show with Vessna Scheff & Jonathan Colman
20. Succesful kickstarter for a new music video!
21. Live video of Kanako Neale's song
(w/ Liz Filios , Alex Bechtel, Joshua Neale, Chris Colucci)
22. Video for MIDI_DILLA
23. Oh yeah, Music Director for The Seven Deadly Seas on the Gazela.
(w/ Shoshanna Ruth Green, Kimberlie Cruse, Cubby Altobelli, Gina Apuzzo, Dan Nosheny , Dorie Byrne)
I'm sure I missed a lot.
On of our hosts, Fabian, plays clarinet in the band Pamplona Grup here in Switzerland. I got to hear a preview of their new album and saw them perform twice in one day for the B-Sides Festival. Their first show was in a bike shop, which was a surprisingly good place for a show. I feel a lot of kinship toward this band since they share the Eastern European sound that the West Philadelphia Orchestra. They're all great musicians and great people and look like they have a lot of fun on stage, smoking, drinking and making music! Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. Also, check out their music and antics here :: pamplonagrup.ch/
Today we learned a song while on a 5 hour hike down the Limmat river, and met a few interesting scruffy-looking characters that were baaaaaa-ging for a show! The crowd/herd was so overwhelming that we forgot some of the chords. They were rooting us on though!
Stay tuned for more Random Herding Sessions!
So, I'm writing this from one of the coolest artist space/warehouse/living environment that I've ever seen. I look outside and see rushing water past my hosts (pretty much) private island, a private island with it's own wild mint corner, budding garden, and beaver to clear all unwanted trees.
Today is day three in Switzerland and we've already made our first super-fan name Luisa (pictured below), we busked and drew a crowd at what may have been one of the nicest drug-corners I've ever seen, we've had our first run in with the polizei (fick polizei!(not really, they were so nice!)) and we've had 4 home-cooked meals with the residents of this artist space.
I only have cell phone pictures right now, but I plan on sharing all of my DSLR camera photos at some point on my new website!!
Thanks for coming, more soon.